BUS 504 LEGAL AND ETHICAL ENVIRONMENT IN ORGANIZATIONS
Provides a management-oriented exploration of human resource management, structure, functional applications, and labor management relations. Focus is placed on managers and leaders within organizations and their responsibility to optimize performance and make decisions based on ethical criteria.
- Explain complex legal concepts in everyday language,
- Recognize potential legal risks and ethical problems that managers face, and how law can be used to minimize those risks,
- Analyze business problems and managerial responsibilities from a legal perspective, recognizing the legal ramifications of business decisions,
- Evaluate the policies underlying the laws and legal processes considered in this course,
- Apply legal doctrine to real-life business situations, and
- Develop a framework for analyzing ethical issues in business using various models of ethics and justice.
Law and Ethics in the Business Environment (8th ed.)
Publisher: Cengage Learning (2014)
Author: Halbert, T. & Ingulli, E.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, contact Academic Affairs firstname.lastname@example.org