BUS 507 APPLIED QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS
This course covers an introduction to data analysis for supporting decision making. It includes a summary of basic probability rules, manual and computer supported calculations of descriptive statistics, the application of probability and descriptive statistics for making statistical inferences in business related applications such as marketing research and financial analysis.
- Learn the fundamental principles and terms that are involved with operating and discussing a business venture.
- Integrate and organize relevant data into frameworks/models, which will help to understand the larger picture of the business environment. This is the “integration” portion of the course.
- Develop the basic ability to analyze business situations and develop strategies to address dynamic and uncertain conditions. This is the “critical thinking” component of the course.
- Through a group project, you will be given the opportunity to experience problem solving, teamwork and presentation skills.
- Explore whether a career in business is appropriate for you, and if so, what specific area in business may provide the best opportunity for further study as an area of specialization
Statistical Techniques in Business and Economics (16th ed.)
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education (2014)
Author: Lind, D., Marchal, W., & Wathen, S.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, contact Academic Affairs email@example.com