2017 Winter Global Online/Distance Education Symposium
PROGRAM & CALL FOR PAPERS
February 23-24, 2017 Los Angeles (Metro)
11840 Pierce Street, Suite 200, Riverside, CA 92505
FUTURE SYMPOSIUM DATES
We would like to extend our warmest invitation to you to participate in the Global Online/Distance Education Symposium. A wide spectrum of professionals in online/distance education, experienced as well as entry level professionals should attend the conference. We expect representation from organizations worldwide.
We look forward to welcoming you.
- Discuss critical success factors and innovative practices in online/distance education and training.
- Examine the key components of effective applications: needs analysis, course design, teaching methods, active learning, learner support, management, policy, and evaluation.
- Share successful approaches, strategies, and techniques.
- Identify active teaching/learning methods for effective engagement, motivation, and performance outcomes.
- Discuss major issues, new developments, and trends.
- Reflect on progress made in online/distance education.
- Consider future possibilities for online/distance education.
- Increase knowledge about teaching/training related to online/distance education.
- Facilitate networking among online/distance educators, practitioners and administrators.
- Share program resources via technology (e.g., print, audio, video, multimedia, and the Internet).
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
- Submission of an abstract, topic of interest or proposal will be accepted for the purpose of registration. Time schedule to be determined later after all the abstracts have been received.
- Based on the approval for submission of abstract, deadline for submission of final abstract is no later than, February 17, 2017.
- Each presentation is to be approximately 30 minutes in length.
- Submission of abstract and presentation is to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts of research papers in 150-200 words are invited from faculty, teachers, instructors, researchers, evaluators, support personnel, designers and developers, administrators, managers, directors, technology and services providers, business trainers and Ph.D. scholars/Post Graduate students on contemporary issues in online/distance education befitting any of the conference tracks mentioned as under. Topics of interest for submissions include, but are not limited to:
Online/ Distance Education
Intelligent Tutorial Systems
Learning and Teaching
Collaboration Based Teams
Instructional Designs and Improvements of Teaching Systems
Innovative Learning/Teaching Strategies
Multimedia Environment Application
Integrated Learning Perspective
Tendencies in the Field of Education Communication and its Technology
New roles for learners and teachers
Proposals from those who would like to facilitate a panel discussion are welcomed. The proposals may address any of the topics falling within the scope of the conference themes.
Panel Discussions provide an opportunity for public discussion amongst a selected group of panelists. Central to the success of a panel discussion is the choice of a good topic as the focus for discussion and panel lists that bring differing perspectives and are confident in making clear arguments in a live situation. Panels should comprise of three to five scholars who present their arguments; a discussant offers critical comment on the arguments made and the discussion is opened up to the participating audience.
The proposal must include:
Panel Chair(s) (if necessary)
Speakers Name, Affiliation and Email
Objective and motivation
The Global Online/Distance Symposium will set aside space for those who wish to pursue discussion of a particular topic or issue. Interested individuals should submit a proposal not more than 400 words, on or before February 17, 2017. In addition, the proposal should indicate the duration of the panel discussion (preferred duration is 90 minutes).
If you are interested in organizing Panel Discussion for the Global Online/Distance Education Symposium, please email your proposal to email@example.com
Submissions should be in MS Word format.
We understand that some presenters will not be able to make the trip to United Stated to present their research paper mainly due to financial and/or political restrictions on travel. Therefore, with the use of Skype, authors of accepted papers have the same publication opportunities as regular presenters. A research works submitted without the participant attending the conference in person, but presented via video conferencing are refereed and published (if accepted) in the conference proceedings. Conference fees are the same for both virtual and face-to-face presentation.
You can submit a research paper, case study, work in progress and report for virtual presentation under the open call for papers via email to
Please reference Global Online/Distance Education Symposium in your submission.
SESSIONS CHAIR PARTICIPATION
The Global Online/Distance Education Symposium invites presenters to become a Session Chair.
The duties of the Session Chair include, but are not limited to:
- Introduction of every presenter including their biography.
- Management of presentation time.
- Run question and answer session upon completion of presentation
Individuals that are interested in participating as a Session Chair, please email your Resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The proposal will be reviewed by the Steering Committees.
REGISTRATION & FEE PLAN
In order to ensure that monies are applied towards the correct participant, please note your full name on all payments, documents and correspondence.
- Presenter Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable Registration Fee: $500 USD
- Attendee Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable Registration Fee: $350 USD
- $100 USD discount for paid registration fee received on or before January 25, 2017*.
- Checks, Cashier’s Checks and Money Orders can be made payable to: La Sierra Group. Wire Transfers** are accepted. You may email us at email@example.com for further details.
SPECIAL NOTE ON INVITATION LETTERS
Issuance of official invitation by the university will be sent upon receipt of payment. This will apply towards both an invitation for attendance as well as issuance of the letter of acceptance for submitted and approved abstracts for presentation. Abstract is subject to approval.
Only bank deposit, check, money order or wire transfers payments are accepted for anyone requesting an official invitation. We do not accept credit card as a form of payment for those requesting an invitation.
*Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable fee must be received by the early bird deadline of January 25, 2017 to receive the $100 discount, this includes completion of wires and bank transfers by this date.
**Please note that payments may take up to 2-3 weeks to clear. Participant will be notified immediately once monies have been applied. An additional $25.00 processing fee will be assessed for all wire transfers.
Re-issue of an invitation letter is subject to a $50.00 fee as well as the $25.00 wire transfer fee.
All attendees, including paper presenters, speakers, panel conference participants, and session chairs must register and pay the registration fees. The registration fee is per presenter/attendee and will cover:
- ADMISSION TO ALL CONFERENCE SESSIONS
- COFFEE BREAKS
All conference participants are responsible for meeting the costs of their registration, travel and accommodation.
Please complete the online registration form
To pay for registration fees, please may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To be announced. Please note the conference details are subject to change without notice. You may email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Conference attendees and presenters are given a certificate of attendance at the end of the event. Please note that conference delegates must stay for the duration of the 2-day conference. Additional fees will apply for any request to mail the certificate.
We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for losses or damages of any type, to conference delegates or their companions, either during, or as a direct or indirect result, of the conference. All delegates and companions are advised to review their own insurance policies and obtain any additional coverage charges as may be needed or desired.
Please contact the hotel directly for reservations. For additional assistance, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School of Education
University of Riverside
Phone: (951) 637-0100 Fax: (951) 637-0400
CONFERENCE DVDs & MEDIA
Conference photos are available for viewing via the photo gallery
If you are interested in a particular presentation, you may purchase a single DVD with your desired presentation only. Total cost for a single DVD is $79 USD. Tax and shipping is not included. If you would like to purchase DVDs you may email us at email@example.com for further details.
Please click below to view media for Global Conferences.
For additional information, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.