mth 101 basic mathematics
This course is designed to review operations on negative and positive whole numbers, decimals, and fractions; measurement and geometry; rates, ratios, proportions, and percents; basic descriptive statistics, and beginning algebra. Activities emphasize solving application problems are integrated in this course..
- Have a conceptual understanding of the meaning and application of whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, ratios, and percents.
- Be competent with adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers and fractions, and understand the concepts underlying these operations.
- Be able to compose and evaluate simple mathematical situations using the basic operations, proportions and other basic mathematical methods.
- Understand the concept of measurement of lengths, volumes, mass (or weight), and the temperature in both the English and the Metric systems.
- Be able to calculate dimensional conversions.
- Have a basic understanding of the common use of concepts, terminology, and symbols
Essentials of Mathematics: An Applied Approach (9th Ed.)
Publisher: Cengage (2014)
Author(s): Aufmann, R. N., & Lockwood, J.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, contact Academic Affairs email@example.com