mth 103 elementary statistics
This course is designed to give a basic introduction to the fundamental concepts and methods of statistics. Topics include basic measures of central tendency and variability, graphical displays, descriptive simple linear regression, elementary probability, the normal and t-distributions, confidence intervals and hypothesis testing.
- Use and understand basic statistical vocabulary and notation.
- Understand the basic concepts of statistical sampling theory.
- Generate and interpret statistical graphics.
- Summarize data with descriptive statistics.
- Understand basic probability concepts.
Elementary Statistics (11th Ed.)
Publisher: Cengage (2012)
Author(s): Johnson, R.R. & Kuby, P.J.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, contact Academic Affairs firstname.lastname@example.org